OptiMate 5 Voltmatic - 6V/12V Battery Charger/Optimiser
Output current (bulk charge): 2.8A (12V); 4A (6V)
Delivery & Returns
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER £100
Free Shipping applies to orders for goods over £100, that are shipped to Northern Ireland, UK and the Republic Of Ireland.
You may return any products you have purchased within 14 working days of delivery for any reason.
OptiMate 5 Voltmatic is the all-in-one tool for 6V & 12V battery care at home. OptiMate 5 Voltmatic has all the fully automatic 100% safe and easy-to-use characteristics of the 1.5 million OptiMates produced since 1995, but adds a powerful 2.8 Amp output to take care of larger batteries.
Forgot your battery throughout the winter? OptiMate 5 Voltmatic will recover it from deep discharge and optimally recharge it. Then it will check that the charge delivered is the best possible before checking how well the battery can retain the charge and tell you its status, at a glance. Of course, it will then maintain your battery at full charge safely for months at a time, prolonging its life by up to 400%.
How it works
1. Safety check: OptiMate 5 Voltmatic must be connected to a battery (retaining minimum 2V) to activate its output.
2. Desulphation and recovery: if the battery's resistance is abnormally high due to sulphation, a higher voltage is automatically applied to overcome this so as to recover very flat or neglected batteries until they are able to accept the normal charge program.
3. Bulk charge: a constant current of 2.8A (4A in 6V mode) efficiently brings the battery close to full charge.
4. Charge: Pulse absorption, cell equalisation (balancing) and charge verification: Charging is delivered in controlled pulses that automatically equalise cell voltages, until the current has reduced below 400mA which is indicative of a battery that has reached full charge.
5. Charge retention test: when the monitored parameters confirm that an optimal charge has been achieved, the first check for battery (and connected system) power leakage commences. Depending on the voltage retained during 30 minutes, an "OK" (green LED) or "not OK" (red LED test result is displayed. These 30-minute test periods repeat hourly until the OptiMate 5 Voltmatic is disconnected, so that the battery status indication is continually updated.
6. Charge maintenance: during alternate 30 minute periods, the battery is offered charge current (up to the maximum) it needs to sustain it against any small connected loads or power leakage and against natural self-discharge. OptiMate 5 Voltmatic can stay connected to the battery indefinitely and the battery will stay cool and safe. And optimally charged. Of course.
- Recommended for: AGM / MF, STD, GEL & spiral cell batteries from 8Ah to 120Ah (12V); 10Ah to 192 Ah (6V)
- Programme control: 9 stages, fully automatic
- Input current max: 0.90A @ 100-240V
- Typical annual energy cost: Less than £1.00 per year (continuous maintenance)
- Reverse drain current: Less than 0.5mA
- Output current (bulk charge): 2.8A (12V); 4A (6V)
- Automatic desulphation: Yes
- Charge time limit (bulk): 72 hours
- Maintain / test cycles: 30 min/30 min (alternating hourly)
- Charge retention test: 2 possible results - ‘good’ & ‘bad’
- Size: 190 x 75 x 56mm
- Weight: 1000g
- Enclosure classification: IP54
- Mounting: Easy direct wall mounting
- Input cable length: 2m
- Output cable length: 2m
- Included Accessories: O1 Weatherproof Eyelet Lead; O4 Clamps Lead for bench charging
- Operation temperature range: -40°C / +50°C
- Warranty: 3 years
- Certification (230V model): TUV/GS conformity
Diagnoses, recovers, charges, checks & maintains your battery automatically for months. All major battery manufacturers recommend maintaining starter batteries FULLY CHARGED during periods of non-use. OptiMate 5 Voltmatic is totally safe for months-long connection and maintenance of irregularly or seasonally used batteries even while still connected to the vehicle. The sophisticated charging algorithm ensures no risk of over-charging.
Suitable for all types of rechargeable 6V and 12V lead-acid batteries: filler cap types; absorbed glass mat (AGM or "MF"); valve regulated (VRLA); GEL-electrolyte. As simple as 1-2-3: Just connect OptiMate 5 Voltmatic to your battery, the rest is automatic. Electronically protected against user errors. There is no switch, no fuse and there are no sparks.
Delivered with two interchangeable SAE connection sets, one with clamps for bench charging, the other with in-line protection fuse and eyelet terminals for permanent connection to the vehicle’s battery to allow easy reconnection of charger when necessary.
Optional accessories include additional fused permanent connection leads (O1); cigarette lighter plug lead (O2) to charge via the cigarette lighter or DIN socket (as found on some BMW, Honda& Triumph touring motorcycles); 1.8m and 4.6m extension leads, weatherproof sockets to provide a convenient 12V supply for sat-nav, MP3 player, mobile phone charger, PDA etc. and much more.
Certifications: TUV/GS conformity. 3-year warranty.
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER £100
Free Shipping applies to orders processed through our website for goods over £100, that are shipped to Northern Ireland, UK and the Republic Of Ireland. This excludes Motorcycles.
ORDERS UNDER £100
Our Northern Ireland & UK Mainland delivery charges start from £2.99 per package. Deliveries to The Channel Islands (Jersey and Guernsey), Scottish Highlands and Islands and Isle of Man start from £3.99 per package. Delivery’s to the Republic of Ireland start from £9.99.
UK Mainland Standard, UK Highlands and Islands Standard, and Northern Ireland 48 Hour will be shipped by Royal Mail. All other shipping methods will be shipped by our preferred courier services.
DELIVERY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We aim to dispatch orders within 48 hours from the time payment is received. Please note if we do not have the item/s you require in stock, we will contact you ASAP with a delivery date and give you the option of a full refund if you prefer.
During the order payment process the Purchaser will be presented with delivery options depending on delivery location. It is the responsibility of the Purchaser to choose the correct shipping method. Phillip McCallen Motorcycles reserves the right to refuse shipping of any order for which insufficient delivery payment has been made.
We do offer international shipping. If your country is not listed under shipping options in the shopping basket, please contact us for individual shipping charges.
DELIVERY OF HELMETS, SAFETY GUARANTEED
Regardless of the price, we will only deliver your helmet by our preferred Couriers with charges starting from £8.99 for helmets costing less than £100 (over £100 are shipped free - see above for terms).
We don't cut corners or costs when safety is involved.
You may return any Products you have purchased within seven (7) working days of delivery for any reason (including if you simply change your mind) provided that the Product is unused, undamaged and in its original packaging with all tags in place. To do so you must notify us in writing or other durable medium (including email) within those seven (7) working days. You will then be entitled to a refund from us, which will be paid as soon as possible, but in any event within thirty (30) days of safe receipt of your returned Product in compliance with this clause. You must arrange for and pay the costs of returning the Products to Phillip McCallen Motorcycles Ltd – on request, we will collect the Products from you, but the cost of this will be charged to you and we may deduct this from the refund. While in your possession, you must keep any Products you intend to return to us in good and saleable condition with all original packaging and tags in place.
- (a) the Product delivered is not what you ordered or does not correspond with its description;
- (b) the Product delivered is not of a satisfactory quality; or
- (c) the Product is not fit for any other purpose for which you have bought it and you notified Phillip McCallen Motorcycles Ltd of this purpose before purchase, and Phillip McCallen Motorcycles Ltd has not informed you that the Product is not fit for that purpose; Phillip McCallen Motorcycles Ltd will, at its option, deliver to you a replacement Product or refund to you the price paid and your reasonable costs of returning the Products.
If you have any queries or complaints about returning a Product, please contact our Returns Department on (028) 92 622 886 and speak to one of our returns department representatives.