OptiMate Lithium 0.8A 12V Battery Charger/Optimiser
Delivery & Returns
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER £100
Free Shipping applies to orders for goods over £100, that are shipped to Northern Ireland, UK and the Republic Of Ireland.
You may return any products you have purchased within 14 working days of delivery for any reason.
The OptiMate Lithium 0.8A uses the proven OptiMate interactive charging programme in an affordable package to charge and maintain 12V Lithium batteries. OptiMate Lithium 0.8A is totally automatic and fully protected against user errors. There are no switches. Affordable, compact, intelligent and forgiving of errors, OptiMate Lithium 0.8A is the perfect tool for regular or long-term maintenance of 12V Lithium batteries.
How it works
1. Pre-qualification / BMS reset: The charge program is selected according to battery voltage. For batteries with internal BMS (battery management system) that includes a low voltage cut-out; OptiMate Lithium has a BMS reset program to reconnect the internal cells with the battery posts so that charging can commence.
2. Low Volts recovery: The OptiMate SAVE mode controls charging during this sensitive battery SAVE stage, to ensure that an over discharged battery will be correctly and safely recovered. Tests are conducted through-out the SAVE program to determine if the battery has successfully recovered and can advance to BULK CHARGE.
3. Bulk charge stage: Charges at 0.8 Amps constant current until the Voltage has risen to 14.3V.
4. Short-circuited / dead cell check: Charge progress is tracked against the ideal LiFePO4 charge curve, internal damage will be detected and unnecessary charging is prevented of a battery that cannot be recovered.
5. Absorption and equalization: for up to 4 hours the current is delivered in pulses with voltage controlled between 14.0 and 14.3V, aiding cell voltage equalization and improving the battery's overall power delivery.
6. Voltage retention test: is conducted for up to 12 hours during which no charge current is delivered, with 3 possible test results indicating the battery's general state of health or excessive self discharge or higher than expected power loss through the vehicle’s electrical system.
7. Charge maintenance: The MAINTENANCE CHARGE CYCLE consists of 30-minute float charge periods at a voltage of 13.6V followed by and alternating with 30-minute ‘rest’ periods. During the float charge period current is delivered only if the battery has lost charge due to connected vehicle circuitry. A refresh cycle may be performed if the charge level has dropped significantly.
8. The alternating charge and ‘rest’ maintenance program protects the battery against over discharge by connected vehicle circuitry, making it ideal for indefinite and 100% safe long-term maintenance charging.
- Recommended for: LiFePO4 12V batteries from 3Ah to 50Ah
- Programme control: Microprocessor, 7 stages, fully automatic
- Input Voltage: 100-240V50-60 Hz
- Input current max: 0.23A @ 100V; 0.15A @ 230V
- Typical annual energy cost: Less than £1.00 per year (continuous maintenance)
- Reverse drain current: Less than 1mA
- Output current (bulk charge): 0.8A
- Automatic desulphation: Yes
- Charge time limit: Safe to leave connected for months
- Maintain / test cycles: 30 min/30 min (alternating hourly)
- Charge retention test: 2 possible results - ‘good’ & ‘bad’
- Size: 167 x 65 x 46mm
- Weight: 800g
- Enclosure classification: IP54
- Mounting: Easy direct wall mounting
- Input cable length: 2m
- Output cable length: 2m
- Included Accessories: O1 Weatherproof Eyelet Lead; O4 Clamp Lead for bench charging
- Operation temperature range: -20°C / +40°C
- Warranty: 3 years
Delivered with two interchangeable connection sets, one with clamps for bench charging, and the other with in-line protection fuse and eyelet terminals for permanent attachment to in-vehicle battery to allow easy reconnection of charger when necessary.
Optional accessories include additional fused permanent connection leads (O1); cigarette lighter plug lead (O2) to charge via the cigarette lighter or DIN socket (as found on some BMW, Honda& Triumph touring motorcycles); 1.8m and 4.6m extension leads; weatherproof sockets to provide a convenient 12V supply for sat-nav, MP3 player, mobile phone charger PDA etc. and much more.
Certifications: TUV/GS conformity. 3-year warranty.
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER £100
Free Shipping applies to orders processed through our website for goods over £100, that are shipped to Northern Ireland, UK and the Republic Of Ireland. This excludes Motorcycles.
ORDERS UNDER £100
Our Northern Ireland & UK Mainland delivery charges start from £2.99 per package. Deliveries to The Channel Islands (Jersey and Guernsey), Scottish Highlands and Islands and Isle of Man start from £3.99 per package. Delivery’s to the Republic of Ireland start from £9.99.
UK Mainland Standard, UK Highlands and Islands Standard, and Northern Ireland 48 Hour will be shipped by Royal Mail. All other shipping methods will be shipped by our preferred courier services.
DELIVERY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We aim to dispatch orders within 48 hours from the time payment is received. Please note if we do not have the item/s you require in stock, we will contact you ASAP with a delivery date and give you the option of a full refund if you prefer.
During the order payment process the Purchaser will be presented with delivery options depending on delivery location. It is the responsibility of the Purchaser to choose the correct shipping method. Phillip McCallen Motorcycles reserves the right to refuse shipping of any order for which insufficient delivery payment has been made.
We do offer international shipping. If your country is not listed under shipping options in the shopping basket, please contact us for individual shipping charges.
DELIVERY OF HELMETS, SAFETY GUARANTEED
Regardless of the price, we will only deliver your helmet by our preferred Couriers with charges starting from £8.99 for helmets costing less than £100 (over £100 are shipped free - see above for terms).
We don't cut corners or costs when safety is involved.
You may return any Products you have purchased within seven (7) working days of delivery for any reason (including if you simply change your mind) provided that the Product is unused, undamaged and in its original packaging with all tags in place. To do so you must notify us in writing or other durable medium (including email) within those seven (7) working days. You will then be entitled to a refund from us, which will be paid as soon as possible, but in any event within thirty (30) days of safe receipt of your returned Product in compliance with this clause. You must arrange for and pay the costs of returning the Products to Phillip McCallen Motorcycles Ltd – on request, we will collect the Products from you, but the cost of this will be charged to you and we may deduct this from the refund. While in your possession, you must keep any Products you intend to return to us in good and saleable condition with all original packaging and tags in place.
- (a) the Product delivered is not what you ordered or does not correspond with its description;
- (b) the Product delivered is not of a satisfactory quality; or
- (c) the Product is not fit for any other purpose for which you have bought it and you notified Phillip McCallen Motorcycles Ltd of this purpose before purchase, and Phillip McCallen Motorcycles Ltd has not informed you that the Product is not fit for that purpose; Phillip McCallen Motorcycles Ltd will, at its option, deliver to you a replacement Product or refund to you the price paid and your reasonable costs of returning the Products.
If you have any queries or complaints about returning a Product, please contact our Returns Department on (028) 92 622 886 and speak to one of our returns department representatives.
Save £14.00OptiMate Lithium 4S 5A 12V Battery Charger/OptimiserNow £105.99 Was £119.99